Auto Accident Attorney - Car Accident Lawyers
Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury in the United States. Many residents depend on cars to get to school and work, to buy groceries, and to get around generally. Even those who walk or rely on other modes of transportation can be struck by a drunk or distracted driver. The unfortunate truth is that almost every person, no matter how careful, is involved in a vehicle accident at some point in life. This is especially true in cities, which may be home to heavy traffic, taxi cabs, drunk drivers, buses and other obstructions.
When Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney?
While not every car accident creates a need for a car accident attorney, auto accident lawyers become necessary when an accident causes major injuries which require medical attention or leave you unable to go about your daily routine. In these cases, retaining a, car accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
You should call an experienced auto accident attorney when your injuries are severe enough that:
(1) You will be unable to work or will lose wages for a significant amount of time; or
(2) The car accident caused disfigurement; or
(3) You are caused to suffer long-term or permanent pain; or
(4) You have suffered a "loss of consortium" as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a auto, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need a Car Wreck Lawyer?
Greater area car crash lawyers handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the area. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a area traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The legal term for this type of fault is "negligence." If the negligence of another driver has caused you or a family member to suffer an injury in the area, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries. If the driver of the other vehicle was intoxicated, you may even be able to recover punitive damages. Call a car accident attorney to discuss your options today.
Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
While most states require drivers to carry insurance, some drivers are uninsured. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer will try to successfully handle your car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to a bad faith insurance claim.
Abilene Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard. Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call a Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
No Fault Insurance
Some states have no-fault insurance laws. This means that each driver is responsible for carrying insurance for their own injuries in addition to, or instead of, liability insurance, Car Accident Lawyers in your city will be familiar with these laws and can help you recover from your own insurance company if your claims have been wrongfully denied.
Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in, . When they do, your family has a claim under the Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons;
- As soon as you are able, call a car accident lawyer;
- If you think that a manufacturing or design defect in a vehicle led to the accident, contact a Products Liability Lawyer.
Other reasons to retain an Auto Accident lawyer:
- A legal minimum of liability insurance is required in most states, meaning that an injured party may need to sue a driver for more money than insurance will cover, so an experienced accident attorney will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve;
- You need an experienced car accident law firm to fight for your rights because the auto insurance company has no reason do that;
- A, vehicle accident lawyer can help you make sure all of your injuries are addressed by recommending doctors and helping you pay for medical expenses by recovering costs from the party who injured you;
- You need a car accident attorney to get all your monies due from your own insurance company such as Personal Injury Protection (PIP);
- You need a car accident lawyer to make sure that your statute of limitations time limit does not expire and that your lawsuit is timely filed to protect your rights;
- You need an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you find everyone who might be responsible for your injury, from unlicensed drivers who flee the scene to fleet drivers at a large company;
- You need a car accident lawyer to make sure that all your damages are compensated, including lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, past and future pain and suffering, past and future mental anguish, past and future impairment or physical restrictions, past and future disfigurement from burns or scars; and
- Finally, when a case is properly prosecuted by an experienced car accident lawyer, the insurance company may "see the light" and will generally offer you what the value of your claim is actually worth in a settlement.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced automobile accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an injurious car, truck, bus, or van accident.
Car Accident Resources
The following resources can be helpful if you have been hurt in a car wreck:
A.A. World Services, Inc., 11th Floor
475 Riverside Drive at West 120th St.
New York, NY 10115
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, please contact one of the experienced vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.